Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Easy Baba Ghanough Recipe • Healthy & Incredibly Delicious Dip! | Club Foody

The fall season is so gorgeous with its beautiful vibrant colors. There’s nothing I enjoy more than walking in a park on a sunny day during the third season of the year. The air is fresh and crisp, a welcome break after the hot summer season. Another plus about autumn is it brings us a new bunch of fresh produce that I can’t resist taking advantage of! One of my favorite ingredients of the season is eggplant… yum! I love making my favorite recipes with it such as Mediterranean Eggplant Casserole, Summer Grilled Eggplant, Stuffed Eggplant, Mediterranean Eggplant Quiche, Eggplant Burgers, and many more…
 
Years ago, I was introduced to an amazingly delicious and very healthy Levantine dish and the main ingredient is eggplant. It was Baba Ghanoush! I have to admit, it was love at first… bite!
 
What is so nice about this flavorful dip was the subtle taste of spices in the background blended with fresh ingredients. I also enjoy eating it with some pita wedges and crudités. Although great as an appetizer, I found out back then that Baba Ghanoush is also fantastic as a condiment. It is a nice spread for sandwiches and also goes well with meat.
 
When I decided to make my own, I used my favorite spices which are smoked paprika and cumin. Although this dish has a smoky flavor to it, I wanted the smokiness to be slightly more intense so the paprika was a good choice.
 
Another key ingredient that is added to this dish is tahini. As you probably know, it is sold at your supermarket BUT why buy it? Making your own is incredibly easy and also quite fast. Not only is homemade better but it’s also economical. I have a recipe to make your own tahini so just click on this link… Homemade Tahini
 
As much as summer is my favorite time of the year, I still really enjoy the fall season. Next time you walk by the produce aisle and see those beautiful aubergines, put a couple in your shopping cart, go home and try this recipe… you’ll be glad you did!
Bon Appétit!
 
Here’s another great Levantine appetizer that can also be used as a spread… Middle East Muhamarra
 
Check out these other great appetizer recipes…
– Cran Apricot California Salad
– Chilled Avocado Soup
– Stuffed Dates with Gorgonzola
– Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
– Six Layer Chip Dip
– Prawn Saganaki
and for more vegetarian and vegan recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Vegan & Vegetarian

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/easy-baba-ghanoush/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment