Thursday, September 6, 2018

Calzone Recipe - Perfect Pizza Pockets! | Club Foody

I love pizza. I love the toppings, the crust and the fact that I can just grab it and eat… sort of finger food although it can be messy. The first time I came across a Calzone, I didn’t think too much of it. “What is it… a pizza folded in half?” – I asked myself.

When we really think about it, it is a pizza folded in half… well sort of. Where a calzone differs is that the pizza dough is stuffed with ingredients such as meat, vegetables and cheese, then sealed tightly and baked. Technically it is served with a marinara sauce (coming on November 22nd, 2018) as a dipping sauce. A pizza is… I think I don’t have to explain anything here, right?

I love pizza crust therefore having a calzone is perfect for me. My mother is the opposite of me so my first guess is she probably wouldn’t like it. This is definitely something I have to ask her one day. I’m using my Easy-Cheesy Herb Pizza Dough for this recipe because it’s such an easy and tasty recipe. You should definitely give it a try.

Also a calzone has a big plus over the typical pizza; you can grab it and go. Another advantage of the calzone is that it also freezes well.

If you want to enjoy them later on, make the recipe to where you’re done folding, wrap the calzones and place them in the freezer. When it’s time to cook them, thaw them out in the refrigerator and then proceed with the recipe; brush on an egg wash, sprinkle some cheese on top and bake.

For mine, I add some pizza sauce with my meat mixture because I love it that way. I put in just enough so the filling inside is moist. Like a pizza, you can add whatever your heart and taste buds desire.

So for your next pizza night, think Calzone instead! Make them ahead for your lunch or other outdoor activities where you don’t want to bother with the mess but still want your pizza… folded!
Bon Appétit!

Here are some amazing pizza recipes for you to enjoy…
Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Pizza
Hawai`ian Ham Bacon Pizza
Seafood Pizza
– Pulled Pork Pizza (coming March 28th, 2019)

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/calzone/


No comments:

Post a Comment