Thursday, September 20, 2018

Pork Schnitzel Recipe - A delicious German Classic! | Club Foody

Everyone has a bucket list. Places to go, things to experience, foods to eat, activities to try… we all have a list. Mine and David’s list is quite extensive and I won’t elaborate on it except for one that I’d like to mention today… Oktoberfest!

As some of you may know, David’s roots are Germanic. Both his parents’ sides are German descendants. For him to one day go to Munich during Oktoberfest is quite natural. Me on the other hand, I’d be there for the party! Although I’m not really a beer drinker, I still want to see it, experience it and be a part of it… Who knows, I might start liking beer?

Besides beer – and a lot of it -, they serve many of their traditional foods during the celebration such as Brathendl (roast chicken), Käsespätzle (dumplings with cheese), Brez’n (pretzels), Weißwurst (sausage), Knödel (potato dumplings), Prinzregententorte (seven-layer sponge cake), and much more…

Another food item that can be found at this well-known event is Schnitzel. Although I like to make mine with pork, chicken or veal is also a tasty option. My version of Pork Schnitzel doesn’t differ much from the traditional recipe except I use a lot of spices in my flour, making the taste more interesting.

Pork Schnitzel is an easy recipe. After pounding the pork loin chops down, they are dredged in flour and then cooked to perfection making the meat moist and juicy.

I like to serve mine with David’s German Red Cabbage. If you’re making an Oktoberfest dinner, you might as well go German all the way, right? I’m not sure though if wearing Lederhosen or a Dirndl is a little too extreme but go ahead and wear those if you really want to get in the mood… lol!

Celebrate this world famous event by making my delicious Pork Schnitzel for dinner and who knows, maybe Germany will end up on your bucket list too!
Bon Appétit and… Prost!

Check out these other German recipes…
Christmas Stollen
Creamy Bacon Potato Salad
Quiche Lorraine
German Red Cabbage
and for even more delicious pork recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Pork

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/pork-schnitzel/


No comments:

Post a Comment