Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Spicy Red Pepper Jelly Recipe - A Must Have Condiment! | Club Foody

I like to shop at the big box store where you can buy in large quantities. There’s a food item that we regularly buy and they are pointed red peppers. I use them a lot in my recipes because I love their sweet taste. Of course they come in a large plastic bag and I have to use them up fairly quickly so I don’t waste any…

If you grew peppers this summer and still have plenty left, you’ll have the same problem… You’ll have to use them up pretty fast before they get spoiled. I have the perfect solution… Here’s a delicious recipe for you… my Spicy Red Pepper Jelly!

This condiment is very popular as a topping for baked brie. The soft warm cheese along with the jelly is a match made in heaven.

Besides this combination, this jelly can be used for other recipes like my Pork Tenderloin Vitali that I posted last month and my Spicy Red Pepper Vinaigrette that will be posted in 2019 plus in many of my other recipes… so stay tuned! This spicy red pepper jelly is also great as a spread!

This is what I call a nice versatile condiment to have on hand. I usually use red peppers and sometimes I’ll add some orange or yellow peppers but never green peppers which I find taste “soapy” and aren’t ripe anyway.

Next time you buy way too many peppers or grew too many of them and still have plenty sitting on your kitchen counter, you’ll know exactly what to do. This easy spicy red pepper jelly recipe is definitely the answer. Now if some of you are not too familiar with the canning process, here’s a great video for you… How to Do Home Canning
Bon Appétit!

Check out these other homemade condiment recipes…
Bread & Butter Pickles
Homemade Horseradish
Pickled Jalapeños
Strawberry Butter
Homemade Mayonnaise
Sweet & Savory Homemade Ketchup
and for even more delicious condiment recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Condiments

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/spicy-red-pepper-jelly/


No comments:

Post a Comment