Thursday, March 14, 2019

Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars Recipe • West Coast Canadian Treat! | Club Foody


Back in 1987, a year after Expo 86, I went to Vancouver for a job interview with Radio-Canada, the French division of CBC, as a news writer. Unfortunately, I didn’t get the job because the Human Resource person worried that it would be too hard for me to be on the West Coast with so little English. Although I tried to convince him that I would learn more English and this shouldn’t be a problem, I returned to Montréal jobless.
 
During my visit to British Columbia, a girlfriend of mine who had just moved less than a year prior to my trip was living in downtown Vancouver. During the 10 days I spent on the West Coast, we visited a few places like Whistler and Vancouver Island.
 
While visiting the island, we stayed for a couple of days in Victoria and Nanaimo. It was a fun trip and we had a great time. We hung out with the locals, partied with them and enjoyed a lot of fresh seafood that included prawns – that’s another story that I will eventually share with you.
 
Upon my return to Montréal, I had a message on my answering machine for the same position but this time in Ontario. I called, scheduled an interview and got the job! After all, there was still hope for me to eventually speak more English… lol!
 
A couple of years later while doing my grocery shopping, I came across Nanaimo Bars. Intrigued by the name with memories rushing to my head, I took the box and with a smile on my face, placed it in my cart. I never had them before and I was quite surprised how tasty they were but boy, were they ever sweet! After giving them to a couple of my girlfriends who had kids, I knew that I would eventually try to make them which was a couple years after that original purchase.
 
Please enjoy my version of these lovely treat… my Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars! Pretty close to what I had but with definitely less sugar and a nice hint of peppermint, these delicious little bars are quite flavorful. The combination of mint and chocolate is just… divine! I also don’t use food coloring as I’m totally opposed to that. Instead I use one of my 4 Natural Food Colorings… check them out!
 
These Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars are a great snack to enjoy during the Holidays and also for St Patty’s Day; perfect for the occasion! Now talking about St Patrick’s Day, if you want more ideas, here some recipes that will fit right in like my Matcha Cheesecake or my Chocolate Grasshopper Martini
 
They are fun, yummy and easy to make. Many times I serve these Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars as an after dinner “treat”, cutting them much smaller. Snack, dessert or treat, this is an incredible recipe you have to add to your folder… they are THAT delicious!
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are great snack recipes for you to enjoy…
– Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns
– Energy Berry Bites
– Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
– Sesame Snaps
– Bounty Chocolate Bites
– Butter Pecan Cookies
and for even more snack recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Snacks

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/chocolate-mint-nanaimo-bars/

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment