Thursday, March 7, 2019

Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe • A Delicious Copycat! | Club Foody


Like most kids, boxed cereals loaded with sugar were “heaven” in my mouth. Although my parents were trying hard to keep processed foods out of the house, my brother and I still enjoyed some of them the odd time. I had several favorites back then and what I really enjoyed was the variety pack of small cereal boxes so I could try many different cereals at once.
 
Besides these “once in a blue moon” cereals, there was also another morning favorite we really liked (including my mother) and it was Pop Tarts®. Oh my! They were so yummy! Even after moving out on my own, I was still buying them. They were fast, easy and so delicious… One day I decided to challenge myself by trying to make them homemade and to my surprise, I succeeded! In today’s episode, I’m sharing my Homemade Pop Tarts with you.
 
These taste exactly like the real thing. The difference is they are “homemade” not store bought. The beauty is you can use any filling you want. I like to use either my Strawberry Jam with Orange Zest, Raspberry Jam (summer 2021), Black & Blue Jam or my Triple Berry Jam which is coming up during summer 2022 so stay tuned!
 
I like to make it using two different methods depending on how much time I have. The easiest way to make them is by using premade rolled pie crusts from the store. The other way, which I prefer to use, is to make everything from scratch using my Foolproof Pie Dough and honestly it doesn’t take that much time… just a little more than unrolling a store bought crust, that’s all!
 
Why go through all the trouble to make homemade Pop Tarts when you can buy them from the store? Simple!
 
There are no preservatives and you are in control of all of the ingredients. I prefer to make my own jams because the taste is far better than the commercial ones. I also like to change up the flavors so whichever jams I’ve canned, they’re the ones I use. Now if you are not too sure how to do canning at home, here’s a great tutorial video for you to watch. Just click on this link… How to Do Home Canning.
 
If you have little ones at home and are controlling their sugar intake or just because you want a healthier version of them, these Homemade Pop Tarts are a delicious solution. Not only can you use your own homemade jams but you can also be creative with the ingredients. Give it a try, you‘ll be pleasantly surprised with the results…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious breakfast & brunch recipes…
– Marbled Chocolate Pecan Banana Bread
– Soufflé Mexican Omelet
– Breakfast Quinoa Cereal with Mixed Berries
– Coconut Waffles
– Quiche Lorraine
– Breakfast Sausage Muffin Cups
and for even more snack recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Snacks

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/homemade-pop-tarts/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment