Thursday, May 30, 2019

Easy Falafel • Crispy & Tender! | Club Foody

When you discover Levantine cuisine, it opens up a delicious culinary door to exotic flavors. Fresh ingredients, herbs and spices are harmoniously combined, delivering scrumptious dishes. I’ve been hooked on its cuisine for years and more so after I went to Mamoun’s Falafel located in Greenwich Village in the Big Apple.
 
That is where I had my very first taste of Middle Eastern cuisine and as soon as I got back from my business trip, I started experimenting with making some of their foods. It didn’t take me too long to get the hang of it and start enjoying a few dishes such as Baba Ghanoush, Tabbouleh, Kofta and many more. I’ve been making one of them quite often and it is my Easy Falafel!
 
It’s an amazingly healthy recipe that is so tasty! With a beautiful mix of ingredients, this popular Middle East dish pairs so well with couscous along with a tahini sauce. This Easy Falafel can also turn out to be a great main ingredient for sandwiches using pita bread.
 
Talking about the main ingredient… chickpeas are the star of this recipe. They have to be soaked for a minimum of 15 hours. Sometimes things happen and we might forget to do this simple step the night before. I have a quick way to speed things up…
 
First, remove any stones or other debris then place the chickpeas in a colander. Rinse them thoroughly under cold water. Transfer them in a pot and cover with 2-inches of cold water. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Cover and let them soak for 1 hour; drain and rinse the beans again before processing with the recipe. Although this quick method works, I still prefer to soak them overnight.
 
Another important thing to keep in mind when making falafel is to NOT use canned chickpeas. Not only are they already precooked but they also retain too much moisture making the frying process much more challenging. If you insist on using them – I won’t agree but can’t stop you – at least try to add some more flour so it can draw some of the moisture out.
 
This Easy Falafel recipe is the kind of dish that I enjoy anytime and you will as well after you try it. It has delicious layers of flavor, crunchy on the outside and tender in the inside. It actually feels good to eat a dish like this one…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more Middle East inspired recipes for you to try…
Lamb Kofta with Yogurt Sauce
– Middle East Muhammara (coming June 13th, 2019)
Pomegranate Molasses
Tabbouleh
Easy Baba Ghanoush
Roasted Red pepper Hummus
and for even more Interntational recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – International

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
  

No comments:

Post a Comment