Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Tex-Mex Potatoes Recipe • A Tasty BBQ Sidekick! | Club Foody

There are 5 seasons in every year and my second favorite season after summer is BBQ season! That’s right… BBQ season! Third is fall then spring and of course winter is my least favorite. Anyway… is it that I’ve been a foody all my life or I’m just a BBQ fanatic because when it comes to grilled food on the “Barbie” everything tastes so a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
 
I enjoy so many dishes on the BBQ like my Beef Shish KebabsCaribbean Jerk BBQ Pork ChopsFish TacosChicken GyrosLamb KoftaTomatoes ProvençalCreole Shrimp & Andouille Skewers, and many more…
 
The thing is that most of these grilled dishes that we cook during the BBQ season need a nice side dish like my Tex-Mex Potatoes! It is such a tasty potato dish and goes well with many proteins. Although I like spicy food and this one is not, you can always make it “hotter” by adding jalapeño peppers along with a little bit of red pepper flakes or even cayenne pepper. By all means, play with the recipe using your favorite spices and ingredients.
 
Besides its flavors, these Tex-Mex Potatoes are visually quite appetizing! Like they say – “We eat with our eyes first” and that’s the case with this recipe. The colors are vibrant and fun… very “summery”
 
I like to use assorted baby potatoes but you can always use fingerling, russet, Yukon gold or any other varieties you enjoy. I haven’t tried it with yams yet but I imagine it would be an interesting combination. Like I showed you in the video, this dish can be cooked in the oven but it works out just fine on the BBQ too… so choose the cooking method you prefer.
 
This summer turn your ordinary potato dishes into a scrumptious one by making these Tex-Mex Potatoes. They’ll definitely be a hit at your next backyard party…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more incredible potato recipes for you to enjoy…
– Perfect Poutine with Bacon Gravy
– Mixed Mashed Potatoes
– Twice Baked Potatoes
– Scalloped Potatoes
– Creamy Bacon Potato Salad
– Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes
and for even more side dish recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Sides & Vegetables

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment