Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Chilled Roasted Pepper Soup Recipe • Healthy & Refreshing! | Club Foody

As you probably know by now, my favorite season is summer. Besides the warm weather and longer days, summer brings us a variety of fresh produce including herbs. Each year David and I grow our herb garden along with fruits and vegetables. Whenever I need some fresh ingredients, I simply step out onto the patio to get it… how awesome! It can’t be any fresher than that!
 
Taking advantage of what the season has to offer, I like to create recipes based on what’s available. One year, I came up with my Chilled Roasted Pepper Soup using fresh ingredients. It is so refreshing, light and the flavor is incredibly… “summery”
 
Last year I made a couple of kitchen tips & tricks videos that link so well with this chilled roasted pepper soup recipe. One that I posted was How to Roast and Peel Peppers and the other one was Blanching Tomatoes for Cooking & Canning. You have to know these two methods to make this recipe. Of course you can buy 2-3 jars of roasted peppers at the store but you won’t have the same results because I’m using not only red but also others peppers. It’s also more economical to roast your own peppers. Blanching is a must to know especially when you use tomatoes for soups…
 
While I absorb summer like a sponge, I definitely enjoy the season for its freshness. This Chilled Roasted Pepper Soup is the perfect example of how delicious fresh ingredients taste. After making this incredible cold soup, it will surely become a regular recipe on your seasonal menu rotation.
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these flavorful chilled soup recipes…
Chilled Avocado Soup
Spanish Gazpacho
Classic Vichyssoise
and for even more soup & chowder recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Soups

For ingredient amounts and  much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment