Thursday, May 7, 2020

Salade Lyonnaise Recipe • A Popular French Bistro Dish! | Club Foody

When I was in my early 20s’, I was working in downtown Montréal and I enjoyed going out for lunch or after work on Saint-Denis Street. It’s located in the Quartier Latin which has many quaint little French bistros, restaurants, bars and theaters. That specific area was and still is very popular with tourists.
 
Growing up being French, I’ve had many dishes that might be considered as a fancy meal by some of you which to us were just a weeknight dinner. Although my parents made us Coquilles St JacquesBoeuf BourguignonCoq au VinBouillabaisseVol-au-ventChocolate Éclairs, Madeleines, and so on, there were still a lot of dishes I haven’t tried. When going out to a French bistro or restaurant, if there were items on the menu I never had before, it was guaranteed I’d order it. That is how I enjoyed my first Salade Lyonnaise • Lyonnaise Salad!
 
This is an incredible salad and quite distinctive from most others! First the dressing is a beautiful warm bacon-shallot mixed with sherry vinegar and Dijon mustard. It’s poured over frisée salad and tossed with lardon… basically a “fancy” French word for BACON! Just before serving, it’s then topped with a poached egg. OMG!
 
I love salad but this Salade Lyonnaise • Lyonnaise Salad is spectacular! When you take a bite of the runny egg yolk mixed with the frisée and a small piece of lardon (might as well keep using that word… lol), it’s a deliciously awesome experience for your taste buds!
 
This is a flavorful meal on its own. David and I enjoy it as a meal. Served with crostini, this Salade Lyonnaise • Lyonnaise Salad is sure to please your palate. Play some Édith Piaf for background music, set the table with a red-white checkered tablecloth and a small vase with a few flowers. Pour a nice glass of dry white wine, close your eyes and savor this authentic French meal which originated in the region of Lyon, France.
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are other tasty and healthy salad recipes for you to enjoy…
– Asparagus Summer Salad
– Greek Salad
– Caesar Salad
– Bacon Wedge Salad
– Asian Chicken Salad
– Cran-Apricot California Salad
– Hearts of Palm Salad
and for even more salad recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Salads & Dressings

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment