Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Cannoli Recipe • A Great Italian Pastry! | Club Foody

David and I have most everything in common. That’s great because it makes the relationship less complicated. We like the same sports, foods, drinks, etc. On the other hand when it comes to Italian desserts, we do have one thing that isn’t the same… he enjoys his Tiramisu, I enjoy my Cannoli!
 
I just go crazy for this Italian pastry! The crispy fried cannoli shells stuffed with a beautiful creamy ricotta and mascarpone cheese mixture, makes this dessert so “heavenly” delicious! I also add some miniature chocolate chips into the cheese mixture… not a whole lot but enough to add an extra bit of yumminess.
 
One of the reasons I probably love Cannoli so much is because it’s made with cheese. My nickname among my friends and family is… Minnie Mouse and I’m sure you can guess why. I cannot imagine my life without cheese. It has been like that since I was a child… I’ve tried to break up many times but somehow “cheese” and I always get back together. Since David and I have been together, he keeps saying that he never ate so much cheese in his whole life since he’s been with me… oh well, what can I say?
 
Jokes aside though; one ingredient that needs some attention is ricotta. Depending on the moisture content, you might have to drain it. One of the best kinds to purchase is ricotta cheese impastata. It has very low moisture therefore no need to drain it beforehand. It’s a little more money but is it worth it? NO, it’s not! As I mentioned above, by draining your regular ricotta, you’ll achieve exactly the same results. To learn how to proceed with this step, click on this link… Ricotta Cheese • How to Drain!
 
Another thing I would like to discuss is the cannoli shells. After frying them and cooling them off, they store well at room temperature. If they are not used within a few days, place the empty shells in an airtight container and freeze them. Do not stuff them until serving otherwise, they will get soggy. The filling can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
 
When I make Cannoli at home, everything is from scratch but if you prefer to save some time, you can always purchase the premade cannoli shells at the grocery store. Either way, this is a scrumptious Sicilian dessert that everyone will enjoy – just be sure to make a double batch… lol!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these scrumptious dessert recipes…
– Chocolate Éclairs
– Cream Cheese Carrot Cake
– Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
– Lemon Meringue Pie
– Apple Cheese Pie
– Mango Purée with Mixed Berries and Cointreau
and for even more dessert and pastry recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Dessert

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment