Saturday, May 16, 2020

Ricotta Cheese • How to Drain - Tips & Tricks | Club Foody

I’m a cheese addict… it must be a French thing! Yep, that makes sense, right? Seriously though, I can’t imagine living without cheese. Our cheese drawer is packed and I’ll find a zillion reasons to have cheese everyday; a slice of cheese in the morning or spread some on my croissant while in the mid-afternoon I’ll be enjoying an apple with a slice or two of cheese – hey one cannot go without the other… it’s a rule -, and if I didn’t have any during that day, I’ll make or create something with cheese in it… that is if I didn’t enjoy some with my glass of wine while prepping dinner!
 
Now not all cheeses are the same; some are hard while others are very soft and anything in between. There are a few Italian cheeses that I really enjoy and cook or bake with quite often. One of them is very soft and creamy perhaps too creamy and most of the time I have to do this step before using it. This is what this episode is about… Ricotta Cheese • How to Drain.
 
This particular cheese is awesome because it can be used for so many dishes like pasta, pizza and desserts. As ricotta has a high moisture content, when I make my Cannoli, I have to do this step to prevent them from becoming soggy, unless I buy impastata ricotta which is much dryer and naturally drained. On the other hand, I don’t really see why I should spend extra dollars when I can do the same at home and get exactly the same results with my Ricotta Cheese • How to Drain.
 
It’s an easy, effortless method. You need a few kitchen tools to accomplish this Ricotta Cheese • How to Drain process and also time… actually 24 hours. There’s a little planning ahead but you’ll get exactly the same impastata Ricotta results…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are a few kitchen tips and tricks to add to your list
– Buttermilk from Scratch
– Tomato Paste Leftover Solution
– Secret for Better Grating Soft Cheeses/Butter
– How to Roast and Peel Peppers
– Extract the Most Juice from Citrus Fruits
– Vanilla Sugar – How to Make It
and for more handy kitchen tips and tricks, click on this link… Recipe Category • Tips & Tricks
 
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

For more info, visit


No comments:

Post a Comment