Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Char Siu Pork Recipe • Chinese BBQ Pork | Club Foody

I loved living in Toronto for its culture, restaurants, lifestyle, plus it was close enough to visit my family in Québec – about 5 ½ hours’ drive versus now flying there… I was always on the go, never a dull moment!
 
Through all the years I was living there, my circle of friends was quite diverse; my friend Michael (China), Brigitte (Eastern Atlantic), Marketa & Hannah (Czech), Valeria (Chili), Joe (Venezuela), my Lebanese friend Richard, Siva (Pakistan), Tony (India), Mira (Japan), Heidi (Germany) and her husband George (Portugal), Tim & Jim (Greece), besides my Ontario friends Joanne and her husband Victor, big Richard (great cook), Chris & Hiam (Persia), Drew, Lori-May (Caribbean), and so on…
 
When we were getting together, it was a lot of fun, a lot of laughs but also a lot of information about each other’s culture including food. I was always intrigued to discover new ingredients, flavors and dishes. That is how I was introduced to Char Siu Pork by Michael.
 
This Chinese BBQ Pork is incredible! The marinade has a great combination of ingredients, giving the meat such a beautiful flavor! There’s a nice mix of sweetness and saltiness along with spiciness that makes this recipe so interesting. Char Siu Pork is a key ingredient for many of my Chinese inspired dishes including Singapore Noodles, Bánh mì, Udon Noodle Soup, Char Siu Bao, and Ramen Noodle Soup.
 
Many recipes out there use red food coloring. I don’t think it’s necessary BUT if you decide to add some please use the natural one. I have recipes to make different colors using natural ingredients so check out this link… 4 Natural Food Colorings
 
Char Siu Pork is so tender, flavorful, easy to make and very versatile because it can also be eaten with white rice and some steamed vegetables like bok choy, Chinese broccoli, choy sum or broccolini
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these incredible Asian inspired recipes…
– Dakgangjeong – Sweet & Spicy Crispy Korean Chicken
– Mongolian Beef
– Quick & Easy Chicken Chop Suey
– Spicy Pork Gyoza
– Pad Thai Noodles
– Wonton Soup
and for even more pork recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Pork

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment