Thursday, June 25, 2020

Homemade Sweet Relish Recipe • Great Condiment to Make! | Club Foody

During the summer, most produce is cheaper to buy therefore I like to take advantage of it by doing a lot of pickling. It can be any kind of vegetables or fruits depending on the season like cucumbers, mushrooms, onions, beets, asparagus, green beans, sweet corn, blackberries, blueberries, cranberries, 
strawberries, peaches, plums, tomatoes, gingerhorseradish, and so on…
 
Cucumbers are famous for pickles; gherkins, dill pickles, Bread & Butter, brined pickles, Polish pickles such as Polski Ogórki or Senfgurken German pickles. Another delicious way to use up your cucumbers is to make this condiment… Homemade Sweet Relish!
 
This is a must have in your pantry. It goes so well with hot dogs, hamburgers, picnic salads, or as an ingredient in Tartar Sauce or Thousand Island dressing. It can also be mixed with mayo as a sandwich spread or for Deviled Eggs.
 
When I filmed this video, I did something different than I usually do. I used a Vidalia Chop Wizard to chop my vegetables. It worked well but I prefer them finer so the next time I make my Homemade Sweet Relish, I’ll go back to my ol’ food processor.
 
Canning is great because you can enjoy your favorite jams, jellies, fruits, and vegetables all year round. I didn’t show the whole process of canning so if you’re not too sure on how to do it, I highly suggest you click on this link… How to do Home Canning. Now do you need to process your jars? Yes and no! If you think you might use it all within a couple of weeks then there’s no need to process. On the other hand, when jars are processed, they keep easily for 1 ½ years in your pantry… if they last that long!
 
This Homemade Sweet Relish is a flavorful recipe to use up your bounty of cukes. It’s really not complicated and you can make it as sweet or tart as you want. They also make nice gifts for your friends and family.
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these great savory canning recipes…
– Sweet & Savory Homemade Ketchup
– Pickled Jalapeños
– Spicy Red Pepper Jelly
– Classic Marinara Sauce
– Mint Jelly
– Pickled Ginger
and for even more condiment recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Condiments

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit 

https://clubfoody.com/recipe/homemade-sweet-relish/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment