Thursday, July 23, 2020

Asparagus with Maltaise Sauce Recipe • A Great Classic! | Club Foody

I was probably meant to be a “foody” because ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always enjoyed vegetables. When watching my cousins or friends having a fit and not wanting to eat them, I couldn’t understand why… they are so yummy!

 
My parents had a garden after my brother was born. It wasn’t the “Green Acres” one but still, it was a decent size. Did it help me enjoy them even more? Perhaps for the freshness but I was already hooked way before that!
 
When it comes to David, he grew up on a farm and his parents were self-sustaining. Obviously they had an abundance of fresh produce around. To make a long story short, we’ve both always enjoyed them and do a rotation of different ones in our menu.
 
Asparagus is one of them and it can be prepared and used in so many ways. Although I tend to be a purist when it comes to my veggies, once in a blue moon, I like to change things up a little. There’s a tasty side dish I like to make with them and it is my Asparagus with Maltaise Sauce!
 
This dish is incredibly delicious! The orange flavor from the sauce complements the asparagus perfectly. This is the kind of side dish that pairs so well with many proteins. My favorite pairing of this Asparagus with Maltaise Sauce is with a nice juicy steak… yummy!
 
To make this sauce, you need to know how to make Hollandaise first; it’s one of the 5 French Mother Sauces. It is not complicated at all… just slightly technical. Now from this sauce, there are a few secondary ones that can be made such as Béarnaise, Choron, Foyot, Mousseline, Chantilly, Dijon and Maltaise. With all these flavorful sauces, it’s important to know how to make a proper Hollandaise…
 
Next time you have a bundle of fresh asparagus and want to elevate it, simply make this amazing recipe. From start to finish, including steaming the vegetable, you can serve this great Asparagus with Maltaise Sauce side dish in less than 5 minutes… not many tasty recipes can be prepared this quickly.
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more sauce recipes for you to enjoy…
– Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
– Béchamel Sauce aka White Sauce
– Iguana’s Mushroom Sauce
– Mango Chutney
– Classic Marinara Sauce
– Seafood Cocktail Sauce
and for even more vegetable and side dish recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Vegetables & Sides

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit 

https://clubfoody.com/recipe/asparagus-with-maltaise-sauce/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment