Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Mussels in Curry Sauce Recipe • Great New Taste! | Club Foody


 Seafood has always been a delicacy to me. Growing up away from any coastline, it was always a treat when my parents served us shellfish, crustaceans, mollusks or other seafood. My favorites were scallops especially in a Coquilles St Jacques, lobster, fried oysters, shrimp, and clams & mussels in my mother’s popular Paella.

 
The first time I had mussels by themselves was while dining with a friend in downtown Montréal at a small French bistro. It was called Moules Marinière. I was stunned! Served with a nice baguette, this was a succulent meal. I liked it so much that I started making them at home the following week.
 
I never really changed anything over the years although I tried adding some ingredients but always returned to the original version which has been my go-to mussel recipe for over 30 years. Well, well, well… I sure changed my mind when I went to this quaint little restaurant by the ocean here in British Columbia. It wasn’t the classic Marinière… it was Mussels in Curry Sauce!
 
This dish was spectacular! I was sharing it with a friend of mine but after it was done, I ordered another one… it was THAT good! When I came back from dinner that night, I told David that we will either have to go to that place or I’ll be making it at home. Unfortunately, Giraffe closed before we got the opportunity to sample it so when push comes to shove, I had no choice but to try and duplicate it at home… and I’m glad I did! I’m not sure how close I am to that restaurant’s recipe but I truly like the way it turned out.
 
These Mussels in Curry Sauce are incredibly flavorful! Certainly different, it has a great combination of ingredients that complements this seafood. The sauce doesn’t overpower the delicate taste of the shellfish… it actually enhances its flavor.
 
I realize we all have our ways of enjoying certain dishes but there’s nothing wrong with trying something out of the ordinary. I have to say that these Mussels in Curry Sauce are an amazing way to enjoy them. I like to serve this dish with bread so I can soak up the yummy sauce… oh yeah!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these fabulous seafood recipes…
– Sautéed Scallops with Beurre Blanc
– Spanish Paella
– Vietnamese Summer Rolls
– Fettuccine alle Vongole – Clam Fettuccine
– New England Crab Cakes
– Coquilles St Jacques
and for even more fish and seafood recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Fish & Seafood

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/mussels-in-curry-sauce/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

















No comments:

Post a Comment