Thursday, September 17, 2020

Homemade Pretzels Recipe • an Oktoberfest Staple! | Club Foody


 When I met David, over eleven years ago, I already experienced some German dishes. In my honest opinion, many of them were “bland”. Along the years, I tweaked a few like Sauerbraten (Roast Beef Stew), Schnitzel (Breaded Pork Cutlets), Beef Rouladen, Hasenpfeffer (Rabbit Stew), Knödel, and a few others.

 
There were some though that I really like such as StollenCoffee CakePotato Salad, and more including this featured recipe… my Homemade Pretzels! This is what a call a tasty snack! Until I met my German husband, I ate them with regular French prepared mustard or Honey Mustard. He’s the one who introduced me to a 1:1 ratio of Dijon mustard and Homemade Mayonnaise… much, much better – take my word for it!
 
This Homemade Pretzels recipe is quite easy and I find that it’s similar to pizza dough. When I bake some, I make sure that we’ll eat them all up (this recipe yields four big ones) otherwise, a few hours later, the taste and texture is not quite where it should be.
 
When I make them, I sprinkle on a little coarse salt but compared to the ones we buy at the carnival or any other exhibition, it’s not near as salty as theirs. As I always say – “adjust to your liking”. David and I like salt but we’re definitely not “saltaholics”…
 
With Oktoberfest coming up this weekend (well not this year), what a great idea to make these delicious Homemade Pretzels! They are so moist and definitely a popular food staple during this German event. Grab a nice cold beer, make the simple yet tasty mustard mixture and enjoy this traditional German snack…
Bon Appetit!
 
Check out these other delicious snack recipes…
– Tomato Rosemary Focaccia
– Bounty Chocolate Bites
– Scones
– Sesame Snaps
– Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
– Sucre à la Crème – Butter & Cream Fudge
and for even more bread recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Bread

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/homemade-pretzels/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube






No comments:

Post a Comment