Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas Stollen Recipe • A German Holiday Favorite! | Club Foody

I love the Holidays! I love the nostalgia and magical side of it. Although very colorful, the energy is peaceful and serene. It takes me back to my childhood when closing my eyes tightly anything and everything was possible; my dreams and wishes were at my fingertips. I’m still a big kid inside and I never want to grow up because of the beautiful feelings that rush back each Holiday!
 
The Holidays also represent a time when people want to get closer, to reunite and to share more great memories together. Love is what this time of year is about!
 
Somehow it is not the presents we have received that we remember the most. What creates memories from the Holidays are simple things like a smile, a song, a phrase, a dish, a smell, a specific ambiance frozen in time. To me that’s what the Holidays are all about and this is what traditions are based on. Each country has its own traditions and favorite Christmas foods and each likes to proudly boast about their favorite.
 
David has a German heritage and I thought it would be awesome to bring a traditional Holiday dish from his roots; Christmas Stollen also called Christstollen. This bread is recognized as a precious Christmas pastry around the world. The history of Christmas Stollen goes back to the 14th century and originated in Dresden. Back then (14th century), butter and milk were banned by the Church and Stollen were made only with flour, oats and water so you could just imagine how tasteless they were.
 
In this recipe I don’t use marzipan because David and I don’t really care for it but if you enjoy it, please feel free to add it to the recipe. Key ingredients for the traditional Christstollen are candied citrus & orange peels. I have an amazing recipe for you to make your own so just click on this link… Candied Fruits.
 
Today, the Stollen are amazingly tasteful and highly requested worldwide. Each year in December a festival is held which is called Stollenfest which showcases a gigantic Stollen. If you really, really want to serve a true Traditional Holiday Treat, this Christmas Stollen is the perfect recipe for you!
Merry Christmas!
 
Check out these other traditional Holiday food recipes from around the world…
– Tourtière
– Spicy Gingerbread Cookies
– Mistletoe Kiss
– Old Fashioned Stuffing with Giblets
– Panettone
– Citrus Cranberry Sauce
and for even more delicious bread recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Bread

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/christmas-stollen/

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment