Thursday, December 1, 2016

Orzo with Chicken & Asiago

December is insanely crazy-busy! Although Christmas falls each year on the 25th (I’m pretty sure I’m right on that one…lol), we manage to run, rush, and panic just to be ready for the big day! Of course we like to blame it on “not enough time”. It has nothing to do with mismanagement of our precious time. We could’ve started to do our shopping… let’s say in October and start cooking last month. But noooo, let’s leave everything to the last minute… sound familiar!

All right enough sarcasm… you got my point! So what to eat and cook when we do not have enough time on our hands?

The recipe I’m about to share is not one of my creations. I actually saw it a few years ago on “My Recipes” website. I haven’t really changed much besides increasing the amount of chicken broth and less water, adding some cayenne, eliminating salt and definitely rasing the amount of asiago cheese (yes, yes my nickname is Minnie Mouse). This is a one-pot meal. It is fast to make and within 25 minutes, you have yourself a great dish. We eat this often at home when I don’t feel like cooking… yes, it even happens to miss Frankie here!

Get yourself a good quality Asiago and you’re good to go. Take 25 minutes and give it a try!
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/orzo-with-chicken-asiago/


No comments:

Post a Comment