Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Julienne Salad Recipe • Perfect Meal to get back on track! | Club Foody

I don’t know about you during the Holidays but for me personally, I went to bed quite late, ate more than I should have and enjoyed my wine a lot… maybe a slight bit too much. Now that the Holidays are over, it’s time to get back to a more “normal” schedule and a healthier diet. Although going back to the gym is on my schedule, eating at regular hours, healthier, lighter, and greener is on the top of my list.
 
Constantly creating, developing and testing my new recipes have great rewards and there’s also a part of this whole experience that provides me with a healthy eating habit. I have to be aware of what I eat and cleanse my body often.
 
One of my favorite healthy dishes is my Julienne Salad. It is packed with fresh yummy ingredients and flavors. You can either add your leftover turkey or forget about it. Eating this salad a couple of times a week will definitely help you get yourself back on track. You can pour on your favorite dressingvinaigrette or simply a very good quality oil such as avocado or walnut – this is what I use on mine although sometimes I like my Mandarin Orange Vinaigrette with Sesame or my Russian Dressing.
 
In this video, I also show you how to “julienne” vegetables uniformly. After you master this knife skill, you’ll be more tempted to prep your veggies that way. Also keep in mind that this julienne salad is a meal on its own. Although salads are usually a side, in this case it is not and to be frank, I don’t mind having a meal or two of strictly salad… it’s good for us!
 
For this year and the ones to come, Club Foody will always post a salad recipe as the first recipe of the year. It is a great way to start off the New Year and also helps us to keep our resolutions. Next year, I’ll be posting my Winter Citrus Salad. For 2019, it will be my Asian Chicken Salad and my Classic Cobb Salad in 2020.
 
This Julienne Salad is colorful, vibrant, amazingly healthy and the combination of ingredients along with the superfood ones is exactly what we need after the Holidays! Get yourself back exercising as well as back to the kitchen with this yummy recipe…
Bon Appétit!
 
P.S. For a vegan or vegetarian version, skip the turkey and hard boiled egg.
 
Just a quick note… if your avocado is not ripe, click here to see this kitchen trick… Speed Up Avocado Ripening • How to
 
Check out these other great healthy recipes for you to enjoy…
– Energy Berry Bites
– Chilled Avocado Soup
– German Red Cabbage
– Ceviche de Pescado – Fish Ceviche
– Easy Baba Ghanoush
– Red Velvet Boost
– Powerhouse Cookies
and for even more salad recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Salads & Dressings

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/julienne-salad/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment