Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Indian Naan Bread Recipe • Tasty Flatbread! | Club Foody

Indian cuisine has gained worldwide popularity with its savory and aromatic flavors. The very first time I went to an Indian restaurant was in Montréal with my culinary buddy Mario. He and I were experiencing a new cuisine every month by picking one out from the yellow pages of the phone book.
It’s really not important who picked that Indian restaurant but it was a fun night and something quite different from what we were used to.
 
When I moved to Toronto, a friend of mine who was East Indian took me to a very nice upscale Indian restaurant downtown. Everything he ordered was succulent. Most of the dishes had a very nice flavorful sauce and to scoop up all the goodness sitting at the bottom of our plates, we used Indian flatbread called “naan”!
 
I love that bread a lot but when I went and bought some at the supermarket… I was disappointed! It didn’t taste remotely close to the ones I enjoyed at the restaurant so I stopped buying it. It was a few years later when I was hosting a dinner party and wanted to serve this particular bread that I decided to make it from scratch…
 
My Indian Naan Bread is easy to make and has so much more flavor than the ones from the store. Freshly made, the texture is soft with just the right amount of chew! Brushing one side of the flatbread with butter while cooking, gives it a nice buttery taste. One more plus to making homemade naan bread is it that it freezes very well and doesn’t get hard when it thaws out.
 
Here’s what I do when I let my dough rise after covering it with a dish towel. I transfer my bowl to the oven without any heat on because it’s warmer and there’s no draft. Also, depending on if the temperature in the kitchen is cool, I might have to start my oven at 350ºF for a short time (about 2 minutes) just before I mix my yeast, water and honey together. After 2 minutes, I turn the oven off therefore when it’s time to put my dough in the oven, it’s not hot and comfortably warm for the dough to rise nicely…
 
This naan bread recipe is great to serve along with any main course that has a lot of sauce in it because there’s nothing better than scooping up all the yummy sauce from your plate… It’s obviously serves well with other Indian dishes such as Butter ChickenMughlai Chicken and Tandoori Chicken.
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are some other great bread recipes…
– French Baguettes
– Tomato Rosemary Focaccia
– Jalapeño Cheese Bagels
– Cheddar Biscuits
– Dinner Rolls
– Mexican Cornbread
– Mediterranean Olive Bread
and for even more, click on this link… Recipe Category • Bread

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment