Saturday, June 2, 2018

Creole Seasoning Mix Recipe - Best & Easy Homemade Spice Blend! | Club Foody

Creole Seasoning Mix… a must have!

In the southern part of United States, there are two extraordinary cuisines originating from a mix of cultures. As you probably guessed, they are Creole and Cajun cuisine. Rich in taste and spice, sets these cuisines apart from others.

Using a wide range of fresh ingredients and spices, Creole and Cajun cooking are bursting with flavor. Many of their dishes are spicy but also have depth to them… it’s not just “heat”.

I buy most of my spices from specialized boutique shops. They are fresher because they grind the quantity that I need right in the shop. It makes such a huge difference in my recipes.

When it comes to seasoning mixes, I prefer making my own so I can control the amount of ingredients including the level of sodium. Now keep in mind that the spices I’m using are very fresh. I’ve been creating many seasoning mixes through the years and in this video, I’ll be sharing one of them… my Creole Seasoning Mix!

I use 10 different spices in this mix. It is spicy but when used in recipes, it brings so many flavors to the dish. It is a seasoning blend that can be used in so many recipes. Make sure to store it properly in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. You can keep it up to 4 months and it makes about 2/3 cup. Here’s the recipe for the seasoning mix…

– 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
– 1 tbsp. hot paprika
– 1 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
– 1 tbsp. onion powder
– 1 tbsp. dried oregano
– 1 tbsp. dried basil
– 1 tbsp. dried thyme
– 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
– 1 tbsp. black pepper *read note below
– 1/2 tbsp. celery salt


There are a few recipes that I use my Creole Seasoning Mix for so check them out…
– Andouille Sausage (June 12th, 2018)
– Creole Shrimp & Andouille Skewers (August 7th, 2018)
plus more to come…
Bon Appétit!

NOTE: When it comes to black pepper, I use mixed peppercorns and grind it in a spice blender.


For more homemade spice recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Tips & Tricks

No comments:

Post a Comment