Thursday, June 21, 2018

Strawberry Jam with Orange Zest Recipe | Club Foody

Is canning your thing?

Wow was I ever impressed with my friend Lise when I was living in Montréal… she was doing her own canning. From jams, to pickles and condiments, she was making them all on her own. It was her “thing”. My “thing” back then was to eat what she was making… lol!

I was never into canning until later on in my 30s’. I missed my mother’s pickles, ketchups, jams, etc., so that was what made me start at first. I’m telling you, it didn’t take me long to make canning my “thing”.

Besides a few I’ve already posted on the website, I have many canning and preserved recipes but today there’s one I really want to share with you… my Strawberry Jam with Orange Zest! Oh my! It doesn’t matter how many jars I make, they disappear so fast they never make it to the next season…

That’s right! June is the month when these little red gems are harvested. They are so “loved”, there are Strawberry festivals everywhere! What’s not to like… they’re perfect for so many recipes.

I like my strawberry jam because I also add orange zest to it. It gives a subtle tone of freshness to the jam. This recipe can be used for breakfast, brunch, snacks, desserts, toppings, etc… It is also great to give one of these little jars as a gift to your friends and family.

Make canning your “thing” and try this strawberry jam recipe. It’s easy, quick and fun to make plus you can enjoy these flavorful gems all year round… To learn how to do canning, click on this link… How to Do Home Canning
Bon Appétit!

Here are more canning recipes for you to enjoy…
Bread & Butter Pickles
Homemade Apple Sauce
Sweet & Savory Homemade Ketchup
Pickled Jalapeño
and for more breakfast and brunch recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Breakfast & Brunch

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/strawberry-jam-with-orange-zest/


No comments:

Post a Comment