Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe • A Decadent Dessert! | Club Foody

If you have been following me for a while, you know that New Orleans along with other great destinations is on my bucket list. Well, guess what guys? I’m finally going this year with my husband David and our friends Kelly & Wilf including Michelle & Murray.
 
I can’t wait to go and try some of their signature dishes like JambalayaOysters RockefellerMaque Choux, Gumbo, Shrimp Étouffée, Po Boy, Andouille Sausage, Beignets and many more as well as this featured recipe… Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie!
 
Today is Mardi Gras and what a great time to post this scrumptious dessert! Since we have been together, David has his favorite pies like Apple Cheese and Bumbleberry. One that he’s always liked since childhood is pecan pie but now with the addition of dark chocolate and bourbon, he likes it even more.
 
The subtle flavor of bourbon gives this pie a nice flavor. It’s a great one to make for the chocoholics out there. This decadent Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie is sure to please you and your guests especially if you are hosting a Mardi Gras party!
 
For the crust I use my Foolproof Pie Dough and trust me, that’s the only recipe the crust doesn’t turn into a brick. There’s also a handy kitchen trick when handling sticky ingredients such as corn syrup that you should know. To find out more about it, click on this link… Measuring Honey, Syrup or Molasses without Sticking
 
While I’m a bit impatient about going on our trip to New Orleans with David and our friends, I can still make popular recipes like this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie! If I play some soft Jazz and close my eyes at the same time while I’m enjoying this yummy dessert, it almost feels like I’m at the Big Easy somewhere in the French Quarter…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious pie recipes…
– Tarte au Sucre • Sugar Pie
– Lemon Meringue Pie
– Silk & Satin Chocolate Pie
– Pumpkin Pie
– Key Lime Pie
and for even more dessert recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Dessert

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment