Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Cream of Celery Soup Recipe • Light & Creamy! | Club Foody

We never know what to expect with April. Sometimes the month can still be cool especially up here in Canada, and other times it’s surprisingly warm. In general though, we won’t be sun bathing outside (I recall once in my life that I did that in April) drinking a cold margarita during the 4th month of the year.
 
While there are still cool evenings, a nice warm meal is perfect to serve… it warms up your soul! There’s a food category that I enjoy eating quite often during the coldest months and it’s soup. Most soup recipes are easy to make, tasty and freeze very well just like this one… my Cream of Celery Soup!
This is a great soup to make because not only is it flavorful but also light. With a nice combination of ingredients, this is a recipe that can be enjoyed all year round. This can be served hot in the winter or chilled during the summer.
 
Besides celery, one of the key ingredients in this recipe is leeks. Without being overpowering, this vegetable gives just enough onion taste to the dish. If you’re not too sure how to handle leeks, click on this link… How to Trim, Cut & Clean Leeks
 
The other “unusual” ingredient that is utilized in this Cream of Celery Soup is water chestnuts. Not able to find fresh before I filmed this video, I used canned. To somehow restore their flavor, I rinse and then soak them in cold water to get rid of the taste of the can. I honestly wish I could find “the real thing” as the canned didn’t taste near what I’m used to. Please do me a favor… if you cannot find fresh, just forget about it!
 
Definitely different from other soups, this Cream of Celery Soup is another way to enjoy celery. Served hot or chilled with a drizzle of heavy cream and a couple of celery leaves, this is a new addition you’ll enjoy all year round…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these delicious hot & chilled soup recipes…
– Cream of Mushroom Soup
– Spanish Gazpacho
– Carrot Soup with Mashed Potatoes
– Classic Vichyssoise
– Minestrone Soup
– Chilled Roasted Pepper Soup
– French Onion Soup Gratinée
and for even more chowder and soup recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Soups & Chowders

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment