Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Thousand Island Dressing Recipe • An Old Favorite! | Club Foody

Having a little salad every day is something I like to serve. It’s healthy, fresh, packed with nutrients and there are so many ways to enjoy it. Some are made with seafood other with meat such as chicken or just a combination of nuts, fruits and fresh vegetables. Among them, a dressing or vinaigrette might be needed while others don’t.
 
Since Club Foody started, I’ve shared many of my homemade dressing and vinaigrette recipes like my Zippy Ranch DressingRaspberry VinaigretteBlue Cheese DressingMandarin Orange Vinaigrette with SesameRussian DressingItalian Vinaigrette, and now this one… Thousand Island Dressing!
 
This is such a flavorful salad dressing! Like the others, this recipe is quick and easy to make and it uses simple ingredients. It is similar to Russian Dressing and many times, I alter between the two for my Crab Louie Salad, Reuben or Tripleta sandwiches.
 
I enjoy making this Thousand Island Dressing from scratch because there are no preservatives in it. I know exactly what goes in it and really… don’t you agree that 5 minutes of your time is worth the effort to have a healthy version for your salad? There’s no comparison when it comes to homemade versus store bought… the freshness tells it all! I use my own mayonnaise as well as my sweet relish from scratch… I know, I’m a foody but if you want the full “homemade” experience, this is the way to go!
 
This American condiment apparently came from the Thousand Island region which is in between Canada and United States in the upper St. Lawrence River. Now to know if it really came from there, no one’s sure but it doesn’t really matter because I’ve been enjoying it since I was a child and I’m sure that I’m not the only one who grew up with it. The only change is now you can make this awesome Thousand Island Dressing at home…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious homemade condiment recipes…
– Spicy Tropical Salsa
– Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
– Tartar Sauce
– Sweet & Savory Homemade Ketchup
– Pickled Jalapeños
– Mango Chutney
and for even more condiment recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Condiments

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment