Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Japanese Chicken Soba Noodles Recipe • Light & Tasty Dish! | Club Foody

David and I shop often at Asian supermarkets. My culinary curiosity gets me to try new ingredients that I’m either not accustomed to cook with or never heard of before. Going to those foreign supermarkets is a great place to satisfy it. It also inspires me to create delicious recipes… I love it!
 
When I walk to their noodle aisle, I’m always amazed to see the wide variety of different noodles such as Udon, Lo Mein, Rice Paper, Shirataki, Vermicelli, Ramen, and many more. There’s one that I enjoy cooking with for a few of my recipes because of their nutty taste and it’s soba noodles. I use it in my Soba Noodle Soup, Seafood Soba Salad, and in stir fries including this featured recipe… my Japanese Chicken Soba Noodles!
 
I love making this dish because within 30 minutes, I can enjoy a beautiful light meal packed with yumminess! This is a quick healthy recipe using fresh ingredients such as carrots, peppers, onion and purple cabbage. I also use my Indonesian Peanut Sauce that I posted a couple of years ago so check it out…
 
Let’s talk about the soba noodles. Cooking them isn’t obvious. They are not typical noodles…! There are a few things that you should be aware of before even thinking of putting them in boiling water. If you want a perfect Japanese Chicken Soba Noodle experience, these steps are important to follow.
 
Before dropping these buckwheat noodles in boiling water, do not (I’m serious) add salt to the water. Also you can’t overcrowd the pot with the noodles… they need space (and who doesn’t?). They are unusual noodles therefore cook them for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes at the most. They have to reach that “al dente” texture.
 
Fine… so about 3 minutes later and they are cooked! After draining the noodles in a colander transfer them to a bowl filled with cold water. Some cooks just add water… not me! I want them to have some firmness, some body to them and certainly not gummy! So far you’ve followed my instructions but there’s another step and it’s swirling them around for a little while in that cold water. It will remove the excess starch, preventing them from becoming sticky – trust me, David and I got frustrated at first when cooking them… From here, continue with the recipe…
 
This is such a satisfying meal to have. I like to call this Japanese Chicken Soba Noodles my eastern comfort food. It is not your typical Meatloaf but I have to say that this dish is definitely one to keep in your folder now that you know how to cook buckwheat noodles…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these flavorful inspired Asian recipes…
– Singapore Noodles
– Tuna Tataki with Avocado Slaw
– Pad Thai Noodles
– Spicy Pork Gyoza
– Dakgangjeong – Sweet & Spicy Crispy Korean Chicken
– Asian Cucumber Salmon Rolls
and for even more Asian recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • International

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment