Thursday, April 30, 2020

Coffee Cake Recipe • A Delicious Mid-Afternoon Treat! | Club Foody

I’ve owned a couple of companies in the past that I was doing most of my work from home. There are a lot of pluses and drawbacks with this. The advantages are you’re not stressing yourself going to work – traffic, getting up late, etc. You save money as you don’t spend as much on gas, going out for lunch with coworkers, attire and so on. If you are well-organized and self-motivated, you can schedule your work to have more “free time” compared to working the regular 9-5.
 
Now from the other end of the spectrum, there’s a lack of social interaction with others. Operating your business from home can make you work even more. With Club Foody, I work an average of 100 hours a week and sometimes even more. If I ever open my eyes overnight and my brain starts spinning, I can start my day around 3 am. It’s always on my mind…
 
Although I don’t interact as much as other work force people, I still have my girlfriends popping by just to say “hello”. I love when that happens because it forces me to take a break from CF. I always have a pot of coffee on and something to munch on like apple piecookiesmuffins or cake such as Coffee Cake!
 
This is a lovely sweet treat to serve when you have company. With a couple of layers of walnut streusel and a nice batter, no wonder Coffee Cake pairs so well with a cup of coffee (or tea)… where it gets its name from. There’s neither actual “coffee” in the ingredients nor does it taste like coffee. The trend of enjoying a slice of cake while drinking coffee originated in Europe back in the 17th century and has been called that ever since then.
 
I love making this Coffee Cake. It’s a flavorful mid-afternoon treat to enjoy when your friends stop over or when you just want to take a little break from your business.
Bon Appétit!
 
P.S. I wrote this around 4 am in the morning, sipping my coffee and enjoying a slice of this cake…
 
Check out these delicious sweet treat recipes…
– Cream Cheese Carrot Cake
– Homemade Apple Sauce
– Pumpkin & Spice Cream Cheese Muffins
– Lemon Meringue Pie
– Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns
– Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
and for even more dessert recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Dessert

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/coffee-cake/

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment