Thursday, April 18, 2019

Kiwi Vodka Sorbet - A Great Palate Cleanser! | Club Foody


Everywhere I’ve lived, I always like to host dinner parties at my place… anything from casual to formal and everything in between. I love doing that. When it comes to casual, semi-casual or a semi-formal dinner, for me it’s easy breezy. When I really want to put on a “big” dinner, I need a little bit more organization.
 
I plan my menu carefully, then select the wines to pair with the courses and finally the desserts. This is usually between a 5 to 8 course dinner. I never went further than an 8 course meal. A traditional 8 course meal typically includes; hors d’oeuvres, soup, appetizer, salad, main course, palate cleanser, dessert and mignardise (small bite-sized dessert).
 
Now what I prefer to do is this; hors d’oeuvres, soup, appetizer, salad, main course, cheese and dessert. Technically cheese is only served during a 12 course meal. I choose adding cheese instead of mignardise because in my opinion this is just too much “sugar”. Did I ever mention that I have a love affair with cheese? Yes, I do! Actually I also have a nickname given to me by friends and family… Minnie Mouse!
 
Now back to the formal dinner. After the main course, serving a palate cleanser is the way to do it properly. It rinses the mouth and gets your palate ready for the next two courses which are cheeses and desserts. Here’s a great recipe you will love to use at your next formal dinner… my Kiwi Vodka Sorbet!
 
This is a very light recipe plus it is also super quick and easy to make. As the title mentions, there’s vodka in it but it’s not really noticeable unless you drizzle a little over just before serving this kiwi vodka sorbet. If there will be children at the reception, you can always substitute lime juice.
 
With many holidays and events coming up, you’ll probably serve a formal dinner sometime soon and to make it successful, everything is about the details including this Kiwi Vodka Sorbet palate cleanser. Adding this little touch alone will make your guests feel extremely special and thankful…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out
 Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
 Blood Orange Ice Cream
 Mango Sorbet
 Maple Walnut Ice Cream
 No Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
– Yogurt Bars coming on May 28th, 2019
and for even more sorbet and ice cream recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Ice Cream & More

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/kiwi-vodka-sorbet/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment