Thursday, April 4, 2019

Tandoori Chicken Recipe • Oven Baked Goodness! | Club Foody

When I was living in Toronto, I had a couple of East Indian friends, Tony and Siva. They were both fun to hang out with. We sure had a lot of good laughs together. Although they were westernized in their way of dressing and thinking, they still kept their culture and tradition… When you really think about it, we all do…
 
One thing that was fun to do especially with Tony was to go out. We always tried new places, new food, and new neighborhoods. Also Tony helped me to discover more about Indian cuisine by going out to his favorite spots. Now if his mother was coming as well, we were assured that this particular evening would turn into a “party”… she was absolutely amazing!
 
As much as the Brampton area outside of Toronto has a high concentration of East Indian, Pakistanis and other cultures from the Middle East, so does Surrey and Delta in British Columbia. It’s great because finding ingredients is much easier.
 
I enjoy their cuisine for many reasons; it’s spicy, flavorful and generally quite easy to make. Besides my Indian Butter Chicken, I couldn’t resist to share another one of my takes on an Indian recipe… my Tandoori Chicken. I love this dish! It’s straight forward, spicy, easy to prep and the results are incredible!
 
The traditional Tandoori Chicken is prepared in a cylindrical clay oven and obviously I don’t own one nor am I thinking of getting one. The next best thing to get pretty close to the real thing is to oven bake the chicken. By the time the drumsticks are cooked perfectly and the skins darken, the results are very delicious!
 
I won’t lie to you and say that this dish isn’t spicy but it is also packed with incredible flavors. I like to serve my Tandoori Chicken with rice such as my Indian Basmati with Dry Fruits and some Indian Naan Bread to tame down the heat. Don’t be afraid to give this dish a try… your taste buds will definitely thank you.
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other Indian inspired recipes…
– Indian Naan Bread
– Chicken Tikka Masala
– Indian Masala Chai
– Chicken Chapli Kebabs
– Indian Basmati with Dry Fruits
– Mughlai Chicken
and for even more poultry recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Poultry

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/tandoori-chicken/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment