Thursday, April 25, 2019

Mango Chutney Recipe - Tasty, Sweet & Tangy Condiment! | Club Foody


When I moved to Toronto, I was thrilled by the cultural diversity. I had recently sold both my business and my house in Hull, Québec, so it was interesting to discover the GTA. Through my immersion at my new location, I met some awesome people and Tony was one of them.
 
I remember when Tony first approached me. I was sitting at the outdoor patio of a very popular restaurant located in Yorkville. I was waiting for the server to come and take my order. Elegantly dressed, Tony walked by my table and sat a couple tables away, facing me. After the waiter came over, Tony got up, introduced himself, asked if he could join me and that is how we became friends…
 
No, no, no, nothing in the romantic department… just good pals!
 
Tony’s roots are East Indian and because of him, I was introduced to many delicious new dishes. I always enjoyed spicy food (more now than ever) so it was very easy for Indian cuisine to become one of my favorites.
 
One day, I asked Tony to show me how to cook this flavorful cuisine and to my surprise, he wasn’t as knowledgeable as I had thought. He asked his mother to come over to his place and show us a few dishes. That is when I was introduced to Mango Chutney! OMG! What a great condiment!
 
It’s an amazing chutney to have in your kitchen. It’s tangy, sweet with a bit of kick but not enough to be overpowering and take over the dish. This Mango Chutney is so versatile because it can be used in recipes such as Hawaiian Chicken Curry, as a spread in sandwiches, topping for burgers & hot dogs, or served along with a cheese tray, pâté, cured meat and so on…
 
There are certain recipes you cannot miss out on and this Mango Chutney is one of them. It’s a condiment that definitely has the right to be in your refrigerator…
Bon Appétit!
 
If you need more info regarding canning, click on this link… How to do Home Canning
 
Check out these great canning recipes…
 Bread & Butter Pickles
 Homemade Apple Sauce
 Sweet & Savory Homemade Ketchup
 Pickled Jalapeños
 Strawberry Jam with Orange Zest
 Classic Marinara Sauce
and for even more condiment recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Condiments

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit 


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment