Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Homemade Chorizo - A Great Mexican Sausage! | Club Foody


I’m pretty adventurous in the kitchen but one thing I never imagined making at home was sausages. The reason why I started making them is because one year I put the meat grinder attachment for my stand mixer that also included a sausage stuffer on my Christmas list and… TADA! Santa left it under the tree…
 
For the next few months, I was staring at it and wasn’t too sure how to proceed. I went to my butcher, asked him how to make links and after a quick “do this and that”, I went home with meat and casings.
 
On my 1st attempt, the sausages were good but not excellent. They were a little weak in the flavor department. The second time I made them, I already got the hang of it which means that everyone can make sausages at home…
 
Besides andouille, bratwurst, merguez, saveloy, garlic, chipolata, hot Italian, kielbasa, and many more, there is one kind that I like to make… my Homemade Chorizo! Reasonably spicy and packed with flavor, this meat is a great ingredient to add to many recipes such as my Soufflé Mexican Omelet, Spanish Paella, etc.
 
This Homemade Chorizo, like the others, is easy to make. The only thing you have to keep in mind is don’t be shy when it comes to seasoning as the meat will absorb a lot of the flavor from the spices, making them less flavorful, so use more than you think you should. If you want it hotter, use dried guajillo chile instead of pasilla-ancho and add some cayenne pepper… that should do it!
 
As BBQ season is almost here, this is a good time to start stocking up on links, patties or simply ground sausage. How cool would it be to brag about your Homemade Chorizo to your friends at your next backyard party…
Bon Appétit!
 
To learn how to make sausage step by step, click on this link… How to Make Homemade Sausage
 
Check out these other Mexican inspired recipes…
 Creamy Spicy Guacamole
 Nacho Cheese Sandwich
 Pulled Pork Enchiladas
– Chicken Tortilla Soup coming on January 9th, 2020
– Spicy Beef Nachos Supreme coming on May 2nd, 2019
 Pickled Jalapeños
and for even more pork recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Pork

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit 


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment