Thursday, March 24, 2016

Brown Sugar Mustard Glazed Ham...the traditional Easter dish!

Although I know we usually associate certain dishes with specific holidays, an obvious choice for Easter is a nice cooked ham served with scalloped potatoes and a colorful side dish, with homemade rolls. For some reason I can’t fully explain (has nothing to do with my childhood), it makes me feel that spring is here and it’s time to celebrate!…with ham of course!

When I buy ham, I buy a pre-cooked, smoked one because it’s easier, there’s less babysitting involved and faster to cook. Mix the ingredients together, spread evenly over the ham, throw it (gently of course) into the oven and you’re good to go…have a glass of wine with your guests!


Another reason why I love ham is because there are so many things I can make with the leftovers. In the next few months, I’ll show you some of my recipes like “Chicken Ham Sausage Jambalaya” from scratch, my favorite breakfast “Eggs Benedict” – actually I should say egg without the “s” cause no way I can eat two- , just to name a few….


The Ham recipe I’m about to share with you is not something new. I believe most of our mothers and grandmothers made it this way but for some of you who haven’t tried this simple recipe, I’m happy to show you how. This recipe is solely based on a store-bought pre-cooked ham.


On that note, from clubfoody and myself, I wish you a Happy Easter, an amazing meal with your guests and fun at your dinner party. Bon Appétit!


For ingredient amounts and more info, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/brown-sugar-mustard-glazed-ham/

No comments:

Post a Comment