Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Blood Orange Martini Recipe • Delectably Refreshing! | Club Foody

We love travelling and one of our favorite “nearby” destinations is Seattle. Besides enjoying shopping, restaurants and sightseeing, we love to visit Pike Place Market. This market is so vibrant and electric with all the fresh produce, seafood and individual kiosks, there’s so much going on… it’s just amazing! You can also find very unique food items that you wouldn’t ordinarily see at a regular supermarket. This place is a Foody Paradise and is “heavenly” to me!
 
On one of our trips there, we were introduced to blood oranges at the market. If you have never heard of blood oranges before, they are quite interesting and different compared to a regular orange.
 
Firstly, their skins look like they’ve been in a fight and they look a bit bruised. Secondly, their flesh is a deep “purply” red color like… well blood! Thirdly, the flavor is slightly tart, something like a cross between citrus and raspberry. Blood oranges are not available all year round and can be found from December to May.
 
Back to the market… After exchanging a few ideas with the vendor, I was suddenly inspired to use them to make a new martini. In the past, I was a mixologist and loved to create new cocktails although I usually go back to my old “favorites”. This time, I was challenged and really wanted to create something not too sweet and not too tart. After a few tries, I came up with my Blood Orange Martini! This is a refreshing version of a Cosmopolitan Martini, using blood oranges.
 
Before we go any further, let me give you some good advice. Never and I mean NEVER wear any light colored clothes when juicing blood oranges because you’ll look like something went horribly wrong at the blood donor clinic. All joking aside though, please wear dark clothes and use a juicing machine not the hand press like I did a few times; I had to wipe my white kitchen cabinets down because there were splatters everywhere!
 
I enjoy serving Blood Orange Martinis over the Holidays but truthfully, they serve well at any time until the season is over. It is also a new way to introduce this kind of oranges to your friends. As I like to say; “knowledge is power”! Besides this one, I have a few other martini recipes such as Chocolate Grasshopper Martini, Dirty Dry Martini, Appletini, Napoleon Martini, Chinatini, Limoncello Martini, Holiday Martini, and many more so stay tuned.
 
If you are like me and don’t really enjoy “sweet” cocktails, you will definitely love this Blood Orange Martini. Different, interesting, colorful and unquestionably delicious, this cocktail is a beautiful new twist on a Cosmo. Go find some of these weird and wonderful oranges and make yourself this delightful drink… you won’t regret it!
Cheers!
 
Here are more amazing cocktail recipes for you to enjoy…
– Blackberry Mojito
– Mistletoe Kiss
– Cosmocello
– Spanish Sangria
– Vodka Yummmosa
– Golden Sunset
and click on this link for more cocktail/beverage recipes… Recipe Category • Beverages


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/blood-orange-martini/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment