Thursday, October 3, 2019

Holiday Turkey • A Festive Dish to Enjoy this Season! | Club Foody

Just before we were getting ready to celebrate our first Thanksgiving, David and I had a motorcycle accident at Horseshoe Bay. Nothing tragic except David’s pinky got broken and I had a few bones on the top of my hand fractured.
 
To make a long story short, we didn’t do anything crazy on that particular Holiday. One of David’s friends invited us over for turkey dinner but we were not “in shape” to go anywhere. As I said, both of us felt pretty rough so having a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving was out of the question but I certainly didn’t miss the opportunity to make my Holiday Turkey for Christmas dinner a couple of months later.
 
This traditional dish is always welcome year after year. While slowly roasting in the oven and the aroma floating through the air, this meal is a true Holiday treat. I like to serve mine with my Citrus Cranberry Sauce along with my Squash à la CanadienneOld Fashioned StuffingBrussels Sprouts with Bacon & Onions and either Dinner Rolls or Mediterranean Olive Bread.
 
Of course, the gravy bowl is sitting right on the table with this lovely Holiday Turkey. In the past, I have ended up with not enough gravy for the crowd. I do have a “cheat” recipe for that… my Turkey Gravy without Drippings. The taste is perfect and no one so far has noticed any difference… shhh, it’s our secret!
 
When I make this Holiday Turkey dish, I go crazy on the butter. First, I separate the skin from the breast, making sure not to detach the skin that separates each breast. From there, I scoop about ¼ cup of my Basil Lemon Butter per breast and spread it under the skin evenly. After it’s done, I take more butter (just regular) and rub the turkey generously. I also pour a little chicken broth in the roasting pan around the bird. All these steps give a fair amount of pan juice to make the gravy.
 
Depending on the size of it, the cooking time varies but the important thing to keep in mind is the internal temperature of this big bird has to reach 170ºF. I like to use a probe because it gives me an accurate temperature as well as an idea on when to start my other dishes.
 
I’m sure your turkey tastes just beautiful but I have to say that mine is quite flavorful. This coming Holiday or next time you want to cook a nice juicy big bird, you definitely have to try my Holiday Turkey recipe…
Bon Appétit!!
 
Check out these other incredible Holiday recipes…
– Braised Beef Short Ribs with Sherry & Shiitake
– Turkey Gravy without Drippings
– Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Onions
– Squash à la Canadienne
– Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
– Veal Ossobuco
and for even more Holiday recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Holidays & Events

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/holiday-turkey/

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment