Thursday, October 31, 2019

African Lamb Tagine Recipe • A Flavorful Conversation Piece! | Club Foody

If you asked me which countries I would like to visit, you might be surprised by my answer. Although I might be curious about France and England, these two are not on my priority list. The ones I really want to go to are Russia, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain, Peru, Chili, Vietnam, Thailand, Egypt, Jordan and Morocco.
 
I am attracted to things that I’m not familiar with or different from what I’m used to so the curious side of my personality can be satisfied! I love to discover, I love to experience new things that I’ve never experienced before and of course, that includes food.
 
A few years ago, I bought a tagine on line. Initially, I wanted to buy this cooking vessel while visiting Morocco. Being impatient as a typical Aries, I bought it without having set foot in that particular country; eventually I will though, it’s in the cards! All I wanted to do with it was to create exotic recipes like this one… my African Lamb Tagine! It resembles a little like “Mrouzia”, a Moroccan sweet & savory tagine served during the Eid al-Adha festival.
 
This is an incredible recipe! With a beautiful rub, this is a dish that is very flavorful! Without patting myself on the back (actually I am… I’m very proud of the results… lol!), this is a meal I enjoy serving my friends. This dish and especially the cooking vessel is quite a conversation piece. There’s an ingredient that I didn’t add this time but I will in my next tagine recipe I’ll be sharing with you. It is “L’hamd Marakad” which is pickled lemon used in Moroccan cooking in many dishes. It’s absolutely delish!
 
The way I like to serve this African Lamb Tagine is with rice, either white or saffron. Sometimes I like to pair it with my couscous… it all depends on how I feel and how much flavor I want to add to the menu. Another food item that is “a must” is flatbread (hobz) or even naan.
 
If you like to experiment in the kitchen with new styles, new ways of cooking and definitely new flavors, this African Lamb Tagine is the perfect dish to make! If you’re not a big fan of lamb, you can always substitute chicken… it’s just as lovely and tasty!
Bon Appétit!
 
Note: You can make everything without a tagine. Simply use a large saucepan.
 
Here are more delicious lamb recipes for you…
– Greek Dolmades with Avgolemono Sauce
– North African Merguez
– Lamb Kofta with Yogurt Sauce
– Lamb Chops with Balsamic & Red Wine Reduction
– Mediterranean Leg of Lamb
– Turkish Kebabs
and for even more incredible International recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • International

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/african-lamb-tagine/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment