In the 80s, there was a big box store that came to America 🌎, and it was Ikea. Wow, it became so popular in such a hurry! Their furniture was very affordable and more compact, serving a vast majority of the population. Another popular item that became a “must-have” before leaving the store was their meatballs!
Their marketing strategy was brilliant…✨
First, it was, and still is, almost impossible to leave the building 🏦 unless you’re very familiar with the layout. The only way out is to follow the arrows. Through this maze, inevitably, you have to walk by the restaurant… tada! That’s how these mouthwatering Swedish Meatballs became famous!
Köttbullar is the proper Swedish word for this particular dish. The pronunciation is far different from the way North Americans would say it. The “k” is more like a “sh” and the “ö” sounds like a “soft a”. Now, for the rest of the word “bullar”, it is pronounced like it is, without emphasizing much of the “r”. So if I were write it 📝 the way I would pronounce it, it would be like this; shotbula’r’. Oh boy, I know! I’m trying very hard to pronounce every international dish properly… it’s not always obvious!
One thing, though, that is obvious is how delicious these Swedish Meatballs are! They are totally OMG 🤯! They’re so good that after the first time I had them, I tried very hard to reproduce the dish. It took me a few tries, but along my “duplication” process, I actually made it tastier. The flavor of the gravy is much deeper, as well as the meatballs. I have a beautiful variety of ingredients, making them a family favorite.
To me, this is a perfect comfort food to enjoy at home 🏡. I don’t serve my Swedish Meatballs with the traditional lingonberry jam. Instead, I prefer serving them with some steamed veggies and my Mixed Mashed Potatoes. With this recipe, you don’t need to walk through the maze to satisfy your craving…
Bon Appétit!🍽
P.S. Here’s another fun thing to know…
According to NBC Philadelphia News, we don’t pronounce Ikea the way it should be. Our pronunciation is more like “eye-kee-ah” instead of “ee-kay-uh”.
Here are other delicious comfort food recipes for you to try…😀
– Italian Poutine
– Texas Cowboy Stew
– Bobotie
– Frankie’s Macaroni Casserole
– Bunny Chow
– Turkey Chili Tex-Mex Style
– Mediterranean Eggplant Casserole
– Hamburger Helper Copycat
– Shepherd’s Pie
and for even more International recipes 🌍, click on this link… Recipe Category • International
For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit ➡
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:
Post a Comment