Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Tomato Avocado Tartare Recipe • Elegant Appetizer! | Club Foody

 

Like other home gardeners 👩‍🌾👨‍🌾, each year, we have so many tomatoes that need to be used. I make either my Mixed Tomato Salad, Creamy Tomato Basil & Parmesan Soup, use them for Tomato Rosemary Focaccia, add some when I blend my Garden Vegetable Juice, and others.
 
Another recipe I use them in, especially when we’re having our friends over, is my Tomato Avocado Tartare! This appetizer is absolutely stunning! The combination of tomatoes and avocados 🥑 mixed with tasty ingredients gives this dish its unique flavor profile. It’s elegant and takes 10 minutes to prep.
 
I start by making my Spicy Asian Mayo, which takes 2 minutes ⏳ to whip up. Then I move on to the main component… the tartare. Using two different bowls, I stir the tomato mixture in one and the avocado in the other… easy peasy!
 
This Tomato Avocado Tartare is so delicious and uncomplicated! The ingredients that go in are very simple: red onions, toasted sesame seeds, rice seasoning, and ponzu sauce, before seasoning with ground salt 🧂 and freshly ground mixed peppercorns.
 
There’s a condiment I often use, which is rice seasoning, also known as Nori Komi Furikake. Besides this recipe, it can be used as a finishing seasoning or garnish for rice 🍚, udon or ramen noodles, on avocado toast, steamed vegetables, eggs, etc. It gives a lovely umami to dishes with a little crunch to it.
 
Another ingredient I enjoy working with is Ponzu sauce. It has that nice citrusy 🍋 note and complements this appetizer beautifully. There are also toasted sesame seeds, adding that extra nuttiness to the dish, and red onions for a sharp, peppery note.
 
When it’s time to assemble, I use a cookie cutter. I don’t use a fancy stainless-steel ring mold because I have way too much kitchen stuff around. Why spend money 💰 when I can use the cutter? Another reason is the fact that it’s marked halfway, giving me more precision when I layer the ingredients.
 
Whether you use a stainless-steel ring mold or, like me, a cookie cutter, the size I like working with is 3 1/6 inches in diameter by 2 inches 📏 high. It’s wide and tall enough without being too big. It’s the perfect size for an appetizer.
 
The Spicy Asian Mayo wraps this dish up fabulously! The leftovers keep for a week, if they last that long. Besides this recipe, it can be used with sushi and poke, in a crab salad, as a spread for burgers 🍔, or fish tacos, and as a dipping sauce for fries and onion rings.
 
This Tomato Avocado Tartare is perfect to serve at your next dinner party, holidays 🎄, or special occasions. It’s elegant, super easy to make, colorful, and tasty. It makes such a gorgeous presentation! Serve it with tortilla chips, crostini, or crackers…
Bon Appétit! 🍽
 
Check out these other tasty appetizer recipes… 😀
Fondue Parmesan
Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
Oysters Rockefeller
Samosas
Tuna Stuffed Lemons
Italian-Style Bruschetta
Clams Casino
Korean Meatballs
Escargot con Funghi in Vol-au-vent
and for even more appetizer recipes 🍣🧆, click on this link… Recipe Category • Appetizers


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit ➡ https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/tomato-avocado-tartare/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube




 

Tomato Avocado Tartare


No comments:

Post a Comment