Monday, September 28, 2026

Shepherd's Pie Recipe aka Pâté Chinois | Club Foody

 

We all have our favorite comfort food dishes. Some might like burgers 🍔 while others prefer chili, pizza 🍕, mac & cheese, and so on.
 
David gravitates between meatloaf, Frankie’s macaroni, orzo with chicken & asiago, and Southwest beef casserole. I’m sure that if I ask him, the list would get longer… lol 😂!
 
Mine is the first dish that I made when I moved out from my parents’ place, and it’s Shepherd’s Pie! To me, this is my ultimate comfort food. It’s easy to make 👩‍🍳👨‍🍳 and so tasty! With a nice layer of seasoned meat, cream-style corn, and topped off with mashed potatoes, this is one of my all-time favorites!
 
Without knowing exactly how this dish was created, there are a few possible speculations. In Québec, we call it “Pâté Chinois”, which translates to Chinese Pie. It’s obviously not a Chinese dish, but it could have been introduced by the Chinese cooks for the Canadian railway workers 🚝 in the late 1800s. ]
 
It could also be an adaptation of Hachis Parmentier or even Cottage Pie. Perhaps it’s a variation of the famous British dish. Regardless of where this Shepherd’s Pie recipe originally came from, it’s a delicious casserole 😋!
 
For this dish, I use my Mixed Mashed Potatoes recipe. It’s a combination of russet 🥔 and sweet potatoes 🍠. Using regular mashed is fine, but I’m telling you, this one is fabulous and gives such a nice taste to the pie, plus it’s so colorful! Click here to get the recipe… Mixed Mashed Potatoes
 
Shepherd’s Pie is at the top of my list for comfort foods, and it should be on yours as well. I like to serve it with some ketchup on top, Bread & Butter Pickles 🥒 on the side, and a few slices of buttered bread… now, that’s a satisfying meal!
Bon Appétit! 🍽
 
Check out these other delicious “beef” comfort food recipes…😀
– Texas Cowboy Stew
– Bobotie
– Lasagna Soup
– Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
– Buffalo Chicken Salad
– Pumpkin Chili
– Southwest Chicken & Green Bean Casserole
– Coffee Beef Stew
– Mediterranean Eggplant Casserole
and for even more beef recipes 🐂, click on this link… Recipe Category • Beef


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit ➡ https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/shepherds-pie/ 😉


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube



 

Shepherd's Pie


No comments:

Post a Comment